be like
- 像;像……一样;长得像
-
We want this to be like a home , not an institution .
我们希望这里像个家,而不像收容所。
-
My father was one of a kind ─ I 'll never be like him .
我的父亲很独特——我决不会像他的。
-
I had some idea of what the job would be like .
我对于这份工作有了一些了解。
-
She didn 't know what life in a foreign country would be like .
她不知道外国的生活会是什么样。
-
I tried to picture what it would be like to live alone .
我努力设想一个人单独生活是什么情景。
-
Many people have unreal expectations of what marriage will be like .
许多人对婚姻生活抱有不切实际的憧憬。
-
I cannot conceive what it must be like .
我想象不出它会是什么样子。
-
Can you imagine what it must be like to lose your job after 20 years ?
你能想象得出干了20年之后被辞退会是什么样的滋味吗?
-
I can 't contemplate what it would be like to be alone .
我不能想象独自一人会是个什么样子。
-
Before I started the job , I had no preconceived notions of what it would be like .
开始做这工作之前,我并未预想过它的实际情况。
-
What do you mean you can 't do it ? It 'll be like shooting fish in a barrel !
你说干不了是什么意思?这不是小事一桩嘛!
-
All right then , have it your way . Be like that .
那好吧,随你的便。就那样吧。
-
Would he always be like this ?
他会一直是这个样子吗?
-
I 'd give anything to be like you .
我真希望能像你一样。
-
I continued to brood . Would he always be like this ?
我一直不安:他会一直这样吗?
-
You 'll eat so much your belly 'll be like a barrel .
你会吃得肚子鼓鼓的,像个大酒桶。
-
Taking a gun to the United States would be like taking coals to Newcastle .
带把枪去美国简直是多此一举。
-
You know what they 'll be like if they get a sniff of a murder investigation
你知道如果他们嗅到马上会进行谋杀调查会怎么样。
-
A lens would magnify the picture so it would be like looking at a large TV screen .
透镜会把图片放大,就像在看巨大的电视屏幕一样。
-
' Not all feminism has to be like this , ' Jo maintains
“女性主义不必全然如此,”乔断言。
-
He wished that he could be like other children instead of pursuing his lonely predestined path .
他希望他能够像其他孩子一样,而不是走一条早已注定的孤独之路。
-
You can imagine what it would be like driving a car into a brick wall at 30 miles an hour
你可以想象汽车以每小时30英里的速度撞向一堵砖墙结果会怎样。
-
It is such a case when one is alive ; let alone what things would be like after one 's death .
生时尚且如此,遑论身后之事。
-
Conversation should be like juggling .
谈话应当像杂技表演。
-
Second , doing this type of work reduces you to a monkey , and although some of your work may be like this to pay the bills , why purposely pursue it ?
其次,做这类工作会把你降格成一只猴子,虽然有时为了支付账单你会偶尔做一些这样的工作,但是为什么要刻意追求它?
-
Teaching is so important that it should be like other professions , with high pay and good working conditions but few job protections for bottom performers .
教育非常重要,它应该像其他职业一样,有高薪酬和良好的工作条件,但是对于表现不佳的人来说没有就业保障。
-
It could eventually , be like having a babysitter and a nurse rolled into one -- or , if that required emotional intelligence beyond the power of Mr. Musk 's imagined machine , at least someone to chop the carrots , wash the car and mow the lawn .
这最终就好像将保姆和护士合二为一了——又或者如果所需的情绪智力超过了马斯克先生设想中的机器人,那至少我们也会拥有会切胡萝卜、洗车或修剪草坪的帮手。
-
I wanted to be like my mom and know all of the things she knew .
我想像我妈妈一样,知道她知道的一切。
-
So I carried around a book , and each night , just to be like her , I would pretend to be reading .
所以我随身带着一本书,为了和她一样,我每天晚上都会假装在看书。
-
But every day , we would sit by the lake , looking at the house and dreaming of what it would be like to live there .
但每天,我们都会坐在湖边,看着房子,梦想着住在那里会是什么样子。